The Tacoma Tool Library will be at Thriftapalooza on Saturday from 2-5pm and Sunday 12-3pm. You can bring in select items to be repaired for free!
Here are some general items of things that can be fixed:
- Clothings and textiles for sewing and mending
- Furniture and other items for woodworking
- Other mechanical/general everyday items
- Jewelry (Sunday only)
The Tacoma Tool Library cannot work on any items that are leaking, dangerous, contain gasoline or have a strong odor.
They also cannot work on cell phones or locked-out electronics and no broken screen repair.
Some other general guidelines:
- Generally, they try to keep the fix time to 15 minutes or less to be able to serve more people. If there is low demand, this is not as much of an issue.
- You must be present during the repair.
- There is no assurance an item can be repaired, or that attempting to fix it won’t break it even more.
- Only bring items small enough to be easily carried in by one person.
- Clothing and other textiles that you bring in for mending should be washed first.
- If your item needs a part, save time and bring the new part with you.
- Bring any manuals or extra components you may have for the item you bring in to be fixed.